What is whole body cryotherapy?
Whole body cryotherapy (WBC) is cold therapy administered in the Cryosauna fueled by the vapor of liquid nitrogen. During your session you will be in our special cryochamber and exposed to temperatures of -116 to -220F for up to three minutes. As your body temperature decreases inside the cryosauna your body goes into a flight or fight response. This process causes your body to respond by only allowing blood flow to your most vital organs and temporarily cutting off the flow to reach the less important extremities. Your body prepares to fix any damages that would normally occur in a fight or flight response by pushing oxygen, enzymes and nutrients into your blood. When your treatment is done and you step out of the cryosauna your body temperature will start to rise quickly and restore to it’s normal temperature. The now nutrient dense blood will flow throughout your entire body with increased circulation and accelerate cell renewal in skin, muscles and tissues.
While each session can help increase energy, relieve various and chronic pain symptoms (including but not limited to those that may result from sore muscles, multiple sclerosis, arthritis, fibromyalgia, ankylosing spondylitis) and improve skin firmness, we recommend more than one treatment. For optimal relief we strongly recommend completing at least 10 sessions within a 30-day time period or 3 sessions in one week to maximize the proven benefits of whole body cryotherapy (WBC).
How can you benefit from Cryotherapy?
- Train harder and longer
- Recover faster
- Improve joint function
- Relieve Injuries
- Restore muscles/tissues
- Decrease fatigue
- Increase stamina
- Relief from tendonitis
- Sleep better
- Increase metabolism
- Pain relief from sports injury
- Reduce cellulite
- Reduce appearance of stretch marks
- Improve acne, eczema, psoriasis and other skin conditions
- Tighter, smoother skin
- Burn calories (up to 800 per session)
- Reduce inflamed muscles/tissues
- Reduce stress, depression and anxiety
- Improve sleep and reduce fatigue
- Boost immune system
- Relieve chronic pain
- Recover quicker from surgery
- Pain relief from (not limited to) rheumatoid arthritis, psoriatic Arthritis, fibromyalgia, osteoarthritis, multiple sclerosis (MS), headaches, migraines, age-related aches and pains
- Lose weight (each session can burn up to 800 calories)
- Decrease toxins and swelling in the body
- Increase circulation endorphins, mood, energy and libido
Fox Valley Cryotherapy wants you to feel your very best!